I love duets. I love the blending of beautiful voices. The feigned passion (or hatred). The longing. The lust.
Often times, while listen to my iPod on my commute to work, I find myself listening to a song and wondering what artists I'd most like to see join up in the studio to record a song.
Lee Dewyze and Marc Broussard
-their voices have similar, gravelly quality and I feel like they would blend so well together.
Grace Potter and Ray LaMontange
- they've got the whole 70s folk-rock-soul thing down pat!
Sara Bareills and Michael Buble
- crazy piano chops + crazy swingin' singing chops = awesomeness
Natasha Bedingfield and Rihanna
- pop + smidge of rock + R&B. Love it.
Adele and Joss Stone
- They're British and have a vocal maturity well beyond their years.
John Mayer and Keith Urban
- great guitarists and great songwriters. Oh and they can sing pretty good too.
What is your dream duet?