Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Royal Confession

I have a confession.

I'm sort of obsessed with Kate Middleton, Prince William, and the Royal Wedding.

April 29, 2011

So what's up with all the royal enthusiasm?

I'm not a subject of the Crown, nor have I ever even set foot in Great Britain. (A problem which I hope to remedy soon) but for some reason, this wedding has me totally hooked.

Part of what think fascinates me most about it is the fact that Kate Middleton is living out every little girl's dream.  She going to be a Princess.  A real-life princess.  When we were little, we were either going to be a teacher, or a doctor, or a princess. (or an archaeologist, like my roommate.  Ya, I don't get it either.)



The other part is that Kate feels like she could be one of your friends.  She's pretty, but not so pretty that you hate her.  She has an easy, elegant style that looks expensive (and probably is) but she'd totally comb the racks at Marshall's or TJMaxx with you.

The Future Queen of England goes casual
But I also like that she and William look like they genuinely love each other.  They look happy and comfortable when they are together.  Perhaps that can attributed to the fact that their relationship grew and developed away from the media spotlight. They had time (9 years!) and relative quiet to figure out who they are as a couple and to figure out of Kate could deal with all the attention that her new station would bring.


Apparently, I'm not alone in my royal admiration.  Lifetime is making a TV movie about Kate and Will, set to air sometime close to their April 29th wedding.  People.com has a page dedicated to K & W ("A Royal Engagement")...which I read every day.  Don't judge.

I'm dying to know what her wedding dress will look like and who will design it.  What will her veil look like?  What color will her flowers be?  Will she wear a royal tiara, and if so, which one? Will she arrive to Westminster Abbey in a car (like the modern bride) or in a carriage like other royal brides?

So come April 29th, you'll know where to find me...

No comments: