Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back in the Saddle

In the 6 months (six!) since my last post on "Lost in Laliland", lots has happened in my life.  

I graduate with my master's degree after 3 years of working full time and going to school part time. (am now offically wikkid smaht).  


I got a promotion at work and a raise.  (It's all about the benjamins, baby.)

But probably most significant was the success of my other blog, What's Up, Ya Sieve?. Things really took off for myself and my friend, co-creator, and co-writer Shannon and our little hockey blog.  

In addition to writing content for WUYS, we started writing for THE premier hockey blog, Puck Daddy on Yahoo! Sports.  Our readership skyrocketed and we surpassed 600,000 hits in the almost 2 years that we've been blogging.  

Needless to say, the success of WUYS has been flattering, surprising, and awesome.  I am very proud that people find it insightful, funny, and worthy of their attention.  

With WUYS blowing up, the mad crunch to finish my degree, and additionally responsibilities at work,  it didn't leave much time to write about the other things that interest me - movies, music, tv, makeup, food, wine, books, etc. 

But that is all about to change, people.

Starting today, I am making a commitment to LiL and post more frequently about the other things that inhabit my life.  So for those of you who read this blog (all 3 of you), expect to read more about my travels, my city, my hobbies, my obsessions, and my non-hockey passions.  Now that I have the time, there is no telling what might end up on here.

I sincerely hope you enjoy.

1 comment: